Just Enough Math
Just Enough Math video (5:42)
O'Reilly Media 2014
With the commercial successes of machine learning and cloud computing, many business people need just enough math to take advantage of open source frameworks for big data. This video course from Paco Nathan presents useful areas of advanced math in easy-to-digest morsels. If you’re familiar with high school Algebra 2 and basic statistics, you’re good to go.
You’ll learn newly introduced math concepts through business use cases, brief Python code examples, and lots of figures and illustrations. By the end of the course, you’ll understand how to leverage complex graphs, sparse matrices, bayesian priors, optimization solvers, and other tools.
- Learn advanced math through simple equations and illustrations
- Get tangible examples such as Lego blocks for data workflows
- Explore the math examples through typical business use cases
- Understand how these concepts tie into common business frameworks
- Follow a case study of the Foobartendr.io company throughout the course