|US$300/hr||0.5 hr||consulting||full rate; local or remote||net-30|
|US$200/hr||0.5 hr||consulting||recurring; local or remote||net-30|
|US$750/hr||1 hr||teaching||live online course||net-30|
|US$1600/day||1 day||event day||local or remote||net-30|
|US$800/day||1 day||travel day||local or remote||net-30|
|US$1000/hr||1 hr||speaking fee||local or remote||net-30|
Consulting work performed remotely or within a 50 km radius of one of our offices qualifies for local or remote rates, and on-site rates apply in all other cases.
Total invoiced amounts also include travel reimbursements (where applicable) plus other expenses billed directly to the client per our consulting agreement. Travel reimbursements include: airfare, ground transportation, parking, hotel, and meals during event.
A monthly retainer (average estimated billable hours per month, paid in advance) is used for projects which require consulting time scheduled in advance of four (4) weeks. Prepaid amounts apply to billed hours and carry forward.
Derwen, Inc., does not provide staffing, job placement, or recruiting services, nor any services in which its employees act as sales or marketing agents for another organization.
In addition, employees of Derwen, Inc., have the following restrictions due to security and compliance requirements:
- Employees are restricted from working more than fifty percent (50%) of their total billable hours in a given month for any one client.
- Employees are restricted from accepting any meeting (online or in-person) outside of existing contract work without prior full dislosure in writing of the intents of the other parties involved in the meeting.
- Employees are restricted from using email or calendar systems managed by other organizations, and may not use any of the following systems for business meetings: Messenger, Skype, Telegram.
- All requests for non-disclosure agreements are subject to prior review by corporate counsel.
- Under no circumstances will non-compete agreements be recognized as legitimate, signed, or otherwise honored by the company or its employees.
Be advised that Derwen, Inc., enforces a zero-tolerance policy toward individuals and organizations which support climate science denial -- also called "climate change skepticism" -- as well as adjacent creeds and political insurgencies including white nationalism, gender and racial biases, and religious extremism. This extends to said individuals' and organizations' funding sources, political alliances, and activities outside of the workplace. While it may be unusual for a business to take a stand for what should nominally be considered our shared common notions of civility, it is time to take proper and appropriate measures in terms of corporate responsibility. We invite other business organizations to join in this effort.
Engagement by clientele, signified by payment on invoices, acknowledges full agreement to our stated policy for staff and clientele – including obligations, code of conduct, and statement of ethics.